LED ACQUISITION OF ENERGY BEHEMOTH
Private Equity Firm
US$635MM acquisition of one of the largest privately held energy services business in the United States by a leading private equity sponsor.
Private equity sponsor developed a thesis to acquire and grow a leading energy services business.
- Executed acquisition of business on behalf of private equity sponsor.
- Led commercial negotiations with sellers, lenders, equity co-investors & management.
- Led due diligence in support of the acquisition across all areas including: Industry Study, Quality of Earnings, Taxation, Legal, Human Resources, and Insurance.
- Managed external consultants to develop work product on time and cost.
- Developed growth forecast for the business.
- Worked with management to develop 120 day plan to implement initiatives post acquisition.
- Managed leveraged loan financing of business including negotiation of financial covenants, documentation of credit agreement, execution of hedging instruments and discussions with rating agencies.
- Preparation of investment committee presentations on behalf of private equity sponsor.
- Successfully acquired energy services business on behalf of a leading private equity sponsor.
- Arranged leveraged loan financing in a challenging market environment.
- Helped sponsor successfully implement operating initiatives post acquisition.